Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Argh....

I'm having one of those days when I wish I had just stayed in bed!!

Neither N or myself are morning people. We both like to stay up late and sleep late, which generally works well for us. But on days like today when he has school it's no fun for either of us. I went in to wake him at 8 and the first thing he does is asks for J and then starts crying when I tell him that she is at work. This happens most mornings no matter what time he wakes up :-( Most of the time he gets over it quickly but on days like today it feels endless. He cries and asks for Mommy and while comforting him I end up apologizing that she's not there and that he's stuck with me. It can get pretty soul destroying at times.....I'm putting in 90% of the child care right now and sometimes can't help taking it personally when he asks for J all the time.

We made it to school 15 minutes late and I headed right home to get on with my never ending to do list.  There always seems like so much to do and not enough time to get it done. We leave for work at 12 and the morning seems to fly by - I get a little more done when he's at school but when he's home it's harder to juggle giving him attention and getting stuff done. I try to get a jump start on dinner prep as well as the cleaning and the never ending pile of laundry.

I left home at 11.45 to get N and head to work. When we were 5 mins away I got a text from my boss telling me that she would pick up the big boy. So we hung out at work and waited for them to show up. When the arrived we played with the big boy and the new puppy for half an hour while my hungover sick boss headed to bed. She then called my phone from her bedroom to talk to her son (WTF!), who went in to be with her. N and I were left waiting to find out what was going to happen and at 2 we got the answer. She called me again to say that she and the big boy were going to watch a movie so we could go home.  We were at work for all of an hour and a half when it takes us 25 mins to drive there. ARGH!!! I hate it when that happens, if she had called and told me earlier I would have happily stayed home and not wasted my time going over there. I'm thankful that N didn't throw a tantrum when I told him we were going home as he has been doing at the end of every day recently.

Sorry for my rant. I think that I'm over tired and have been eating way too much junk food recently. (Why yes, it was me that ate all those cookies!) I'm trying so hard to take care of J and N but today I could use a break.  That said and out of my system I'm going to take my boy and head out to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment