Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

RE appt

I had my first visit with our RE on Friday. I'm still waiting for the blood work results - they took 12 vials! Only the second time I've had blood taken, when I told the tech he started to get worried that I would pass out, he kept checking on me which I thought was funny!  I ended up being the only person is the lab so it was much more relaxed than I imagine it is during regular morning monitoring hours.
The meeting with our Dr went as I expected. He told us that it sucked that J lost the last pregnancy and that she'd given it a really good shot and then turned the attention to me. We talked a little about my medical history, marriage equality in NJ and insurance coverage before getting down to the ultrasound. I was at cd15 so knew I was about ready to ovulate and was really relived to see a 19mm follicle. I also had 10+ follicles on the right and over 20 on the left. I didn't realize how worried I was about whether or not I had any eggs until I was trying to make out the fuzzy picture on the monitor. 
The Dr started to say that I would get lots of eggs from an IVF cycle and then changed directions and said that unmedicated IUI should do the trick. I'm hoping he's right as we still aren't sure whether I'm covered by insurance. Our insurance contact told us I would be, our Dr said I wouldn't, the finance lady said I would and then called half an hour later to say I wouldn't. We will have to see what they cover when it's submitted and will pick up the rest. 
I'm pretty sure that the next thing they will want me to do is go in on cd3 for blood work and then have a HSG which is standard testing for them I think and will make sure I don't have blocked tubes. We still haven't decided exactly when we will start IUIs and how we are going to cover childcare for N, but wanted to make the most of J being off work to fit in the appointments so that we could go together. 
The next thing we have to do it pick a new donor. N's donor isn't available anymore so we have narrowed down our choices and will pick a new one soon. I'm slightly freaked out by all the attention that sperm donors are getting right now. There is that new movie coming out and a series on MTV where a group of half sibling set out to find their donor. Using a sperm donor is the way we picked to create our family, but is not something that I want to discuss with every Tom, Dick and Harry.  I haven't dealt with many questions about it since N was a baby, but wonder if we will start hearing some more now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment