Saturday, January 2, 2010


Happy New Year!

We went for our ultrasound on the 30th and man was it so much fun! Our little baby decided to be very stubborn (typical Taurus) and make things hard for us. The ultrasound lasted for over an hour, with the technician jiggling away at J's belly trying to get the baby to flip. Apparently she couldn't get all the measurements that she needed and couldn't get a good look at the legs. It was a little stressful at times as she was so intent and so quiet, but watching the baby move on the screen was so amazing. There were times when i couldn't figure out what we were seeing, but for the most part i could make it out.
J even had to take a break to drink some cold water and move around to try and get the baby to flip. It worked and when the ultrasound started again the baby had moved and finally she gave us the answer we were looking for. Everything looks great with the baby and we found out it's a boy! She printed out some nice pics for us, a couple of nice profile shots and a real cute one of his hand.

We celebrated by heading to the store and picking out some clothes. We spent a fortune picking out little outfits, but we had fun. He is certainly going to be a very well dressed kid :-)
Then we had to go see the Dr at our midwives practice as there were no appointments with any of the midwives. It's good that we are getting to see everyone at the practice, but neither of us enjoyed the visit. He went over again our decision not to do any prenatal tests, even though our records say we declined them and had us in and out really quickly. Everything looks good and that's what matters most!

Our time off is coming to an end. We're both headed back to work on Monday. It's crazy how quickly time has flown. We managed to get together with friends and spend lots of time together. I started on the curtains for the baby's room as i have a feeling this may be my last time off before the baby comes.

J's belly is really starting to grow and she's feeling the baby more and more. He really gave her a hard time after the ultrasound as he wasn't impressed with all the prodding! She's been having a hard time sleeping as she can't get comfortable, so is catching sleep while she can before she has to get back to work. She has acupuncture today, so hopefully that will help.


  1. Adorable! I love it when they look like they're blowing bubbles... :)

  2. Thanks for the comment on my blog, I love yours! We are due so close to each other and both having boys :) The shopping is so fun isn't it? We spent loads today!
    Congrats on a healthy happy ultrasound :)