Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 16, 2010

FL

I'm down in FL with my boss and the kids for the weekend. I hate being away from home, I miss J so much and don't enjoy working 24/7 while we're here. We have a nightly ritual of me moisturizing J's belly and i really miss that time while I'm here. The night before i came down i got to feel Bubala moving for the first time. I was just telling J that i was going to ask the midwives when we see them next week when I'll be able to feel the baby move and she took my hand and placed it on her belly and said can you feel it? And i did! It was so cool to feel these little rhythmic thumps against my hand. So cute!
In other news I finally picked a crib! I'm sure that I've been driving J mad trying to find the right one for our baby. She claims that they all look the same to her, but i think that is so not true. I've spent hours researching online, looking in stores and talking to some friends that have kids about theirs. I really didn't want one of the combination ones that seem so popular here. I can't imagine using the same bedroom furniture until the kid leaves home. Plus it won't be that long (i hope) before we need it for baby number 2. And they are so huge, it would take up at least half the room and we need to keep some of the furniture that's already in there. I narrowed it down to a couple of choices and we headed to the store to check them out. Of course we ended up with the most expensive one, more than i had originally intended to spend but i think it was a good one. The crib arrived on Thur, after i had already flown to FL, so I'm looking forward to checking it out when i get home. J says we're not allowed to set it up yet, but i can't wait till we can!
I have to confess that I'm really picky when it comes to baby stuff. Poor J, she doesn't stand a chance! I've been a nanny for a really long time . So i have some pretty strong opinions about what i like and what i don't. When we started our registry during our Christmas break i have to admit that i was pretty quick to point her in the direction of the stuff i like. I guess I'm in charge of gear and she's in charge of toys - the brighter and louder the better for J.


No comments:

Post a Comment