Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

As i watched my blond haired, blue eyed charges play today i couldn't help but wonder what our kids will look like. Will one look like me and the other J as we're both planning to carry. I'm hoping that we bought enough randy danny that our kids will be half-sibs, but there is no guarantee that it will work out that way. Who knows how long the TTC process will take for me and we have to get J pregnant first!
Our appointment with Dr B went well and we found out that we have to do 2 rounds of IUI with shots before we can move on to IVF. Think we were both thinking going straight to IVF, as that has the greatest chance of getting the BFP we so want. But guess if we need it, it'll give us a trial run with all the shots, timings and any possible side effects. I was a little freaked by the increased chance of multiples. I'd really prefer just one baby at a time, but we'll take what we get. Some people find that weird especially as i'm a twin myself.
Cycle number 4 is drawing to a close. When J went in for her blood work after the insems they told her that it looked like she probably hadn't ovulated. We think we may have triggered too soon as the newbie Dr pretty much l let us decide when we wanted to do the shot. That meant no second shot for J and a weird sense of disbelief for us - kind of bummed, but also not quite believing it, hoping that they screwed up, wanting them to be wrong. We'll find out for sure by the end of the week.
J is driving up tomorrow so that we can spend 2 nights together. It was such a great surprise that she arranged. I can't wait to see her and look forward to the summer being over and getting to go home. I don't enjoy the amount of time i have to be away from her, but right now it's part of my job and we just have to get through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment