Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Work

I'm winding down my last few days at work and can't wait to be done for the summer. I'll miss the kids but am so looking forward to being home with my family! Still not totally sure what is going to happen in Sept, but am waiting to see how it works out.

One of my tasks during my last few weeks has been to take the little man to his swimming lessons. He is doing a special program that I've seen implemented many times over the last 10 years. His sister and all of his cousins all learned to swim in the same way. The program is designed to teach the kids to save themselves if they fall into water. It teaches them to float on their backs to get air, then flip over and swim. Returning to the float to rest and get air, until thye can climb out. You can check it out here. No matter how many times i watch the lessons it doesn't get any easier. Until the kids reach a certain level most of them cry the whole time. It's not fun to watch and i'm glad when the 10 minutes are over. But i know that the little man will be a great swimmer and safe all summer long.
Someone made a comment to me about baby N doing the course next year....i don't think it's for us. He'll just have to learn the old fashioned way just like his mommies did. Anyway check out the little man's skills below.






No comments:

Post a Comment