Where has the past year gone? It seems like just yesterday I was holding a tiny baby in the hospital and now we have a toddler.
All the preparations for his party on Saturday and under way. It's turning out to be way bigger than I'd expected with about 50 people coming. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the weather will be good as we're hoping to have the party outside. That way the kids can make the most of the swing set that we just got.
So here's the latest with the boy
- walking well all the time, even handling inclines
- climbing like crazy, couches, the stairs, jungle gym, anything in his way
- waving bye-bye
- does the actions for 'how big is N' - very cute :-)
- turns the pages of books and loves to read
- posts (mails) stuff through the cat door all the time!
- takes off shoes and socks, especially in the car
- down to 1 bottle a day at bed time
- drinks whole milk in cup during the day
- sleeps 11+ hrs a night (most of the time)
- takes 2 good naps - unless we're at work as he doesn't want to miss anything so doesn't nap as well
- loves dogs and says 'dog' for almost any animal
- babbles non-stop. He totally knows what he's saying, and we can figure it out most of the time
- loves to be outside
- eats everything we do - although we're still working on fruits, he would rather eat veggies, not sure if it's the texture as he ate/eats them pureed so it's not the taste
- loves music and music class
- dances. It's so cute to see him bopping up and down
- just moved up to size 5 diapers, can't wait to see what he weighs next week
We were getting ready for the car seat turning milestone. But are following the new AAP's recommendation and will be keeping him rear facing for the time being. Not sure he'll stay that way until he's 2, but definitely for now. Our Britax car seats let him rear face comfortably so it works and keeps him safe.