Thursday, April 22, 2010

Honey...

Is there any chance you can deliver on the 17th to fit in with my boss' schedule?!!!

It's true, my boss and i sat down to look over the calender the other day and she actually wanted to schedule my time off when the baby comes. The original agreement was that i was going to work up until J goes into labour and then take 2 weeks off to be home with her and the baby. But the lady that can't schedule her own day wants to have my time off written down. ARGH!!!!! So to work with her plan J would have to Bubala on the 17th so that i get 2 weeks at home with them before going back to work on June 1st. I did try to tell her that it may not work out that way as we can't really decide what day to have the baby, but as she was induced both times she's not getting that. Think i'll have to revisit it with her next week...i know she's a little worried about coverage while i'm gone but there are plenty of people around who would help her out.

In other news the little man is breech. We have 4 weeks to go and the kid is not quite playing along yet. J is following all the midwives advice to try and get him to turn - lots of time inverted or on her hands and knees. She's even seeing a chiropractor 3 times a week. He's using the 'Webster technique' to try and encourage the baby to move. The midwife also mentioned getting him manually turned at 37 weeks, but we're not sure how we feel about that. It's supposed to be pretty uncomfortable and not all babies tolerate it. We go back to the midwife's on Monday and we'll see what happens then. If he's still breech we're going to request an ultrasound so we can get a better idea of his size and see where we want to go from there.

I'm really looking forward to this weekend...we're having a very small low-key baby shower on Sunday. It is going to be so great to get together with the girls, hang out and talk babies!!!